At Living Design Furniture, we respect your privacy and are committed to treating your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principals (APPs) & the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). For more information on the Privacy Act, please visit www.privacy.gov.au.
The following information relates to how we collect, use and store your personal information in-store, over-the-phone or online via our website.
Collection of Personal Information
Living Design Furniture may collects, hold, use and disclose personal information from customers and prospective customers for the following purposes:
- to provide services to you;
- to enable you to access and use our site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to contact and communicate with you;
to promptly handle customer service issues or complaints
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- to assist with research regarding target marketing and product development;
- to run competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you;
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have; and to consider your employment application.
Personal information is retained within our computer data base for record-keeping purposes and to increase the pace at which transactions are completed (for repeat buyers). Unless otherwise provided by law, we will not collect, hold, use or disclose sensitive information without your consent.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Personal information will only be distributed when:
- You provide permission to share the information
- We are required to forward personal information on to assist us in providing you with a requested service (e.g. when applying for finance)
- We need to share your personal information with companies contracted to Living Design Furniture (e.g. deliverers or assemblers), or when
- We are legally obligated to disclose your personal information.
It is unlikely that we will disclose personal information to overseas recipients & will never do so without your consent.
Security of Personal Information
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Website Links to Third Parties
If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint.
Changes to the Privacy Statement
Any changes to this Privacy statement, particularly regarding the treatment of personal information for online orders and credit card information will be updated in a timely manner.
If you have any further queries regarding Living Design’s collection, use, storage and distribution of personal information, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time via: